Rima Design Lda., with its registered office at Rua Casal de Carvalhais – 2040-453 São João da Ribeira, in Santarém, is a commercial company whose corporate purpose is set in design activities, which involve various areas of intervention, both in the field of creating specific projects and consulting, taking into account the characteristics and needs of the user, the market, production, and safety, among others. This includes graphic or communication design (identity programs, publications, infographics, illustrations, packaging, etc.), industrial design (furniture, equipment, and other products), interior design (museography, domestic, public, leisure spaces, etc.), and fashion and textile design (clothing, fabrics, jewelry, footwear, etc.).
At Rima Design Lda., we value and give the utmost importance to the trust you place in us, and we guarantee that your personal data is secure and processed with complete privacy; privacy, confidentiality, and transparency are three fundamental elements in the relationship of trust we establish with our Customers.
- Personal Data: any information about a specific natural person that can be directly or indirectly identified regarding their private or professional life.
- Special Categories of Data: Personal data subject to specific processing conditions.
- Data Subject: the person who has the right to the data, namely the right to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning them is being processed and, if so, to exercise the other rights applicable to their personal data that is being processed.
- Processing of Personal Data: any operation or set of operations performed on personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure, or destruction.
- Consent: a freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which they agree, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, to the processing of personal data relating to them. It is one of the legal bases for the processing of personal data.
- Data Controller: A natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body that, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Data Protection Officer: Independent from each entity responsible for processing, their main functions are to monitor, evaluate, and promote the implementation of mechanisms to comply with the GDPR rules and to notify the authorities of personal data breaches.
- When collecting and using your personal data, Rima Design Lda. is subject to various obligations resulting from the law and regulations regarding how this collection and use can be carried out, as well as the controls it needs to have to protect them.
- These procedures apply in general to all systems and processes that make up Rima Design Lda.’s information systems, as well as to all workers, members of the Social Bodies, and any third parties who have access to the systems of Rima Design Lda.
(Personal Data Collected)
Depending on the circumstances, personal data may be collected as they are necessary for the provision of our services, including contact information, academic and professional qualifications, training interests and preferences, family composition, bank transfer details, or information about the payment method used when applicable.
(Personal Data of Minor Data Subjects)
- Our website and social media are not directed at children under the age of 13, so we request that you do not provide us with personal data if you are under 13 years old.
- If Rima Design Lda. becomes aware that the sharing of personal data comes from a minor under 13 years old, it will promptly delete that data.
- In the case of collecting personal data from minors under 16 years old, Rima Design Lda. takes into account that they deserve special protection because they are less aware of their rights regarding data processing.
- In these cases, consent for the processing of personal data must be given or authorized by the holders of parental responsibilities for the minor.
- If a minor provides personal data for which consent is required, holders of parental responsibilities for the minor may request the deletion of such personal data by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, a request to which Rima Design Lda.will promptly respond upon verification that such collection has indeed occurred.
(Purposes and Processing of Personal Data)
- Rima Design Lda. collects and processes personal data to carry out its mission, promoting its professional guidance and enhancement services.
- Thus, data is processed because it is necessary for the conclusion and execution of contracts, for the instruction of educational records, for compliance with legal obligations imposed on Rima Design Lda., for the pursuit of its legitimate interests, or because it has been subject to express consent.
- The omission or inaccuracy of this data or other information provided to Rima Design Lda. is the sole responsibility of the data subject.
- Data is processed transparently and with strict respect for the privacy of personal life, as well as for the rights, freedoms, and fundamental guarantees, and only strictly necessary data is collected.
- Whenever you give your consent for the processing of your personal data, Rima Design Lda. will only process them for the purposes for which consent was given, and data cannot be processed subsequently in a manner incompatible with the purposes for which they were collected.
- Occasionally, we may contact you for administrative or educational reasons, and these communications are of an operational nature and are not made for marketing purposes.
- The information collected by Rima Design Lda. will only be used and shared for marketing purposes with your express consent.
(Means of Data Collection)
Rima Design Lda.may collect your personal information in various ways, through interactions with you or through your access to the reserved area of our website, always carried out in accordance with the applicable legislation and in strict compliance with the rights, freedoms, and guarantees provided for in the Constitution of the Portuguese Republic.
- The website of Rima Design Lda. – www.rimadesign.pt – uses functional cookies that are essential for the platform’s operation, not collecting information related to your preferences but may contain links to other websites that do collect this information.
- When accessing links that do not belong to Rima Design Lda., be aware that these websites have their own Privacy Policies over which Rima Design Lda. has no control or responsibility.
- Rima Design Lda.adopts various technical and organizational security measures to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information it holds to protect your personal data from loss, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized processing, or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing.
- To safeguard the principle of proportionality in accessing information, access profiles are imposed to ensure the principle that access to personal data is determined, justified, and limited to the need to know.
(Retention Period of Personal Data)
- The period for the retention of personal data varies depending on the purpose for which they were collected, and sometimes there are legal requirements that require the retention of data for a minimum period.
- If such requirements do not exist, they will only be retained for the minimum period necessary for the purposes that motivated their collection and subsequent processing.
- At the end of the retention period, all personal data collected will be anonymized or deleted.
(Data Subject’s Rights)
- You have the right to request from Rima Design Lda. access to your personal data, as well as their rectification, deletion, restriction of processing, opposition to processing, and automated decision-making, as well as the right to data portability.
- It should be noted that the right to deletion and opposition has some exceptions, namely when the processing is a legal obligation.
- You can exercise the above-mentioned rights, by providing proof of identification, by written communication to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of Rima Design Lda., through the email address email@example.com, or to the address specified in Article 14.
- You also have the right to file a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD).
(Consent and Its Withdrawal)
- Your provision of personal data is optional concerning the provision of our services. However, you recognize and accept that the refusal to provide the necessary personal data may prevent the provision of the requested services.
- Consent for the processing of personal data for the purpose of conducting studies, research, or market statistics and sending unsolicited communications for marketing purposes is also optional.
- Communications mentioned in the preceding paragraph will be sent in a way that is immediately and unequivocally identifiable as such and will include an indication that the recipient may object to receiving them in the future.
- The withdrawal of consent is an explicit expression of will by which the data subject transmits, by means of a statement or unequivocal positive act, that they wish to withdraw consent for their personal data to be processed. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent given prior to withdrawal, and, as the consent covered all processing for the same purpose or purposes, the withdrawal of consent covers processing for the same purpose or purposes.
(Sharing or Transfer of Personal Data)
- Rima Design Lda. communicates certain personal data to Official Entities with which it has a legal obligation to collaborate.
- Rima Design Lda. may use subcontractors, which implies the transfer or sharing of access to personal data.
- Rima Design Lda. seeks to ensure that these third parties implement technical and organizational measures to protect your data and that they act only in accordance with the instructions. of Rima Design Lda.. However, Rima Design Lda. is not responsible for any non-compliance by third parties.
(Personal Data Breach)
Whenever possible incidents of breach of confidentiality, availability, or integrity occur that represent a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, Rima Design Lda.will inform the CNPD, and if the breach represents a high risk to the data subjects, Rima Design Lda. Rima Design Lda. may also inform all affected persons of the breach without undue delay, taking immediate action to resolve the incident.
(Data Protection Officer)
You may ask questions or file complaints about how your personal data is processed or exercise your rights by contacting the Data Protection Officer of Rima Design Lda.directly by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by registered letter addressed to “Data Protection Officer” and sent to Avenida Casal de Carvalhais – 2040-453 São João da Ribeira – Santarém.
- These changes will be duly publicized on the website of Rima Design Lda. in an appropriate space for this purpose.
The processing of your personal data enables, among other purposes, the direct development and marketing of products and services that we believe are most suitable for each customer’s profile and needs.
If you are dissatisfied with our use of personal data, or with our response after exercising any of these rights, you can file a complaint with the supervisory authority: –
National Data Protection Commission (CNPD) with its address at Rua de São Bento, n.º 148- 3.º – 1200 – 821 Lisboa.